Yesterday, I posted a series of questions on specific issues that I believe BOE candidates should answer [link].
At an even more fundamental level, there are a number of additional questions that BOE candidates should answer in unequivocal terms. However, most campaign websites do not present a clear message to voters on why they deserve to be elected in November.
The relatively simple questions are:
- Why are you are running? What issues motivate you to take on this responsibility?
- What specific issues are most important to you?
- What principles will you rely on as you make decisions as a BOE member?
- What policies do you want to implement and how are they different than your opponent?
- Why do you believe you will be more effective than your opponent?
- On your differences with your opponents, why they wrong and you are right?
- What are the two or three key things that you want voters to remember about you?
- If a voter pulls the lever for you, what are they voting for?
To the candidates – help us understand what agenda we are voting FOR and why you are a better choice than your opponents.
Remember that there is a candidate forum tonight,
Hope to see you there.
[Follow me on Twitter @Financial_Decon]