Atlanta Public School Board members Eshe’ Collins (District 6) and Jason Esteves (At Large 9) will host a Town Hall meeting on Tuesday, June 10 at 6 p.m. (tonight). The meeting will be held at the Therrell Education Complex, 3099 Panther Trail, Atlanta, GA 30311.
There is no specified agenda and the forum invites questions from the audience. However, it is likely that the selection of the new principals for several schools in the district will be part of the discussion as well as the potential consolidation of the three Therrell High School educational units under the leadership of Shelly Powell.
District 6 includes the following schools and the new principals announced for the next school year.
Elementary Schools – Cascade, Cleveland Avenue, Continental Colony, Deerwood Academy, Fickett, Gideons, Heritage Academy, Humphries, Hutchinson, Kimberly, Perkerson, Venetian Hills
- Cheryl Twyman – Fickett Elementary – She has been serving as the Fickett interim principal and received her BA from Clark Atlanta University and MA from Central Michigan Univ. See her Principal’s message here.
- Jesse Berger – Gideons Elementary – see brief profile here
Middle Schools – Bunche, Long, Sylvan Hills, Latin Academy
- Mario M. Watkins – see more here.
High Schools – D.M. Therrell, South Atlanta, Forrest Hills
- Tracie Y. Colton-Astin – South Atlanta School of Computer Animation & Design – Ms. Astin comes to APS after serving as Assistant Principal at Banneker High School in the Fulton County School District. She received a BA from Alabama A &M University and a M. Ed. and Ed. S. from the University of West Georgia. See more here.
- Charlotte Davis – South Atlanta Law & Social Justice – see introduction here.
- Patricia A. Ford – South Atlanta School of Health and Medical Science – see Principal’s message here.
- Shelly Powell – Therrell Health Science & Research. See brief profile here (also slated to administer all three Therrell education units – see here).
[Follow me on Twitter @Financial_Decon]