The Atlanta Public School Board of Education will hold its regular monthly meeting on Monday, July 14th. The agenda (see here) for the meeting has been released and the Personnel Gains and Losses Report (see here) discloses a significant number of new appointments in the administration and in other key in-school leaders.
The following is a rundown of the changes in the administration and by school.
- David Jernigan – Deputy Superintendent – see more here and here
- Lillian Harris – Dean of Academics Middle Schools – promoted from Director of Student Services at Forrest Hills Academy
- Jasper Jewell – Athletics Director (Interim) – promoted from Program Administrator of Athletics
- Leaving APS – Erroll Davis – Superintendent – see more here
- Leaving APS – Steve Smith – Associate Superintendent – see more here
- Leaving APS – Alexis Kirijan – Chief Strategy & Development Officer
- Leaving APS – William Prescott – General Counsel
- Leaving APS – Ronnie Price – Chief Human Resource Officer
- Leaving APS – Alison Shelton – Director Office of Innovation
- Leaving APS – Diana Matthews – Special Assistant to CFO
- Freedie Lawrence – Assistant Principal – B.B.A. Francis Marion College; M.A. & Ed.S. South Carolina State Univ.
- Cedric Peeples – Assistant Principal – promoted from Instructional Coach at Bolton Academy
- Deira Whatley – Assistant Principal – promoted from Professional Learning Specialist at Gideons
- Leaving APS – Terra Walker – Assistant Principal
- Leaving APS – Nikea Hurt – Assistant Principal
- Danny Smith – Assistant Principal – B.S. Fort Valley State University; M.S. Georgia State Univ.; Ph.D. Capella Univ.
- Ronnie Baynard Jr. – Assistant Principal – promoted from Behavior Specialist at Washington HS
- Patricia Glover – Assistant Principal – promoted from Teaching & Learning Professional Learning Specialist
- Michael Taylor – Assistant Principal – B.A. Univ. of Maryland at College Park; M.S. Central Missouri State University; M.A. University of Phoenix; M.S. Air War College
- Rasheema Caldwell – Assistant Principal – promoted from Instructional Coach at Harper-Archer Middle
- Emily Boatright – Assistant Principal – promoted from Instructional Coach at Coan Middle
- Leaving APS – Thomas Kenner – Interim Principal
- Tiffany Ragin – Assistant Principal – B.S. Fort Valley State Univ.; M.Ed. Brenau Univ.; Ed.S. Lincoln Memorial Univ.
- Thomas Dow – Assistant Principal – B.S. & M.Ed. Florida A&M Univ.; M.Ed.
- Charles Barker – Assistant Principal – promoted from teacher at Peyton Forrest Elementary
- Susan Buckson-Greene – Assistant Principal – promoted from Instructional Coach at S. Atlanta HS
- Ronald Garlington – Assistant Principal – promoted from Office of Student Programs & Services Counseling Coordinator
- Leaving APS – Brenda Clements – Assistant Principal
- Leaving APS – Jason Stamper – Carver Technology High Principal
- Leaving APS – Michael McKnight – Assistant Principal
Forrest Hills Academy
- Reena Moorman – Dean of Academics High School Forrest Hills Academy – promoted from Instructional Coach at Crim High
- Crystal January – Assistant Principal – promoted from Counselor at Jackson HS
- Adam Danser – Academy Leader – Information Tech – B.A. Villanova Univ.; M.Ed. GA State Univ.
- Roy Foster – Academy Leader – Fine Arts & Media Communications – B.S. Louisiana State Univ.; M.S. Louisiana State Univ.; Ed.S. Jacksonville State Univ.
- Angela Moore-Powell – Academy Leader – Dorothy Height Leadership Academy; B.S. Spelman College; M.S. Georgia State Univ.
South Atlanta HS
- Phillip Braziel II – Assistant Principal – B.S. Florida A & M Univ.; M.A. & Ed.S. Univ. of Phoenix
- Leaving APS – Jarod Scott – CAD High Principal
- Mary Harris-Houston – Academy Leader – Banking
Health Science; B.S. & M.S. Univ. of Alabama; Ed.S. The University of Montevallo
- Neal Christian – Academy Leader – Therrell STEMS – promoted from Professional Learning Specialist at Therrell STEMS
- Clifton Nicholson – Academy Leader – Therrell Law – promoted from Instructional Coach at Crim HS
- Tracey Harrell – Academy Leader – Early College – B.S. Univ. of Alabama at Birmingham; M.Ed. Alabama State Univ.; Ed.S. Argosy University
- Antonio Mattox – Academy Leader – Health, Science, & Nutrition – B.S. Georgia Southern Univ.; M.A. Troy State University; Ed.S Argosy University
- Kimberly Moore – Academy Leader Early College – promoted from Instructional Coach at Washington Health, Science & Nutrition
- Leaving APS – Terrence Dillard – Assistant Principal
Congratulations to all that received promotions and we welcome the new leaders coming from outside the district.
I will follow-up with an additional post on the other Board of Education agenda items later today.