As I research various issues, I often come across articles or papers that are interesting or provide good background information for many of the issues that APS is facing. Here are a few and I will add more in future posts as warranted.
- The School Staffing Surge – Benjamin Scafidi, Ph.D.
- What good teachers do and don’t do? – Center for Teaching
- All Children Deserve Teachers Who Care About Them – Marian Wright Edelman
- Chronic Absenteeism – Walt Gardner – Education Week
- Polls says parents love teachers! – TweenTribune
- The moderate extremism of relinquishment – Neerav Kingsland / May 15, 2013
- Decentralization: Why, How, and Toward What Ends? – Lynn J. Stinnette [RFS Note – paper is quite old, but presents a good primer on the issue]
Enjoy your Labor Day!
[Follow me on Twitter @Financial_Decon]